If you are ready to begin your search for a new home, one of the best ways is to prepare. Even if you are experienced at buying or selling your home(s) it’s always a good idea to have a strategy because sometimes things change, such as, forms, insurance, rates, qualifications, money situations, etc. I will help you with everything you need to know to start your search.
1. Know that there is really no “right” time to buy. If you find the perfect home now, do not risk losing it.
2. Don’t ask for too many opinions. Too many ideas from too many people will make it harder to make a decision.
3. Accept that no house is ever 100% perfect. There may be some factors that change with each house you look at, however, the best advice is to make a list of your must haves/priorities and focus on the things that are important to YOU.
4. Do not try hard to negotiate. This is why you hire a Real Estate professional like myself. It is truly a skill and part of the real estate process. Trying to “win” by offering an extra low price or refusing to budge may cost you the home you love or sale of your home. Taking the advice of your agent is important. I always want the best for my clients and conduct business with that foremost in my mind.
5. Your home does not exist in a vacuum. Looking at the physical aspects of a home is important, however also look at noise levels, access to amenities, neighbors, etc. that also have a huge impact on your quality of life. I know Milford and the surrounding areas extremely well and can advise as what the neighborhood is all about.
These are just some of the tips and ideas that I can provide you with as part of the whole process. This is what I do and I always want to make sure that you are buying or selling in the best way possible as this is a large investment, probably the biggest in your life.
Remember, I am here to represent YOU.
“Opening New Doors Every Day”